Thank you for visiting centiment.co.
1. WHAT DOES THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLY TO?
This Privacy Statement applies to your Personal Information collected or processed by Centiment LLC (“Centiment,” “we,” “us” or “our”) through any applications, platforms, services, or other resources related to, distributed on, or available through this website (collectively, this “Site”) and our audience panel, survey tools, research services, questionnaire development, survey programming, data collection, data analysis/interpretation, and other services offered by Centiment from time-to-time (collectively, the “Services”) available to you (“Customer” or “you”) for your use as either a guest or registered user of the Site subject to the terms and conditions in our Terms of Service Agreement (“Agreement”) available here.
This Privacy Statement applies to your Personal Information, which can include information or a combination of information that could directly or indirectly be used to identify you, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, and any other information collected from or about you (hereinafter, “Personal Information”). Please note, the definition of Personal Information can vary by jurisdiction. If we collect information from you that is considered Personal Information in your jurisdiction, we will treat it as such in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your Personal Information and how we will treat it. This Privacy Statement may change from time to time. We will notify you of material changes to this Privacy Statement by posting a notice on our home page for a reasonable period of time and changing the “Last Updated” date above. So please check it periodically for updates.
For more information on how Centiment handles Personal Information collected from or through its various Services, please see Attachment 1at the end of this document.
2. WHAT CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS?
We may collect or process various categories of Personal Information that you provide to us. We may disclose Personal Information to service providers, licensing partners, and retailers for business purposes. We have collected or processed the following categories of Personal Information in the last 12 months:
- (a) Contact Information Identifiers:
Identifiers sourced directly from you or from third party providers, such as data brokers or social media platforms. They are used to provide and improve the features, products and services you request; for registration and promotions; to communicate with you and provide you with information; to provide you with personalized content, information, and to send you information; when we perform our obligations under a contract with you; to deliver relevant advertising; and/or for research purposes.
- (b) Customer Records:
Personal Information categories contained in customer records are sourced directly from you when you call, email, place an Order for Services (as defined in our Agreement) or otherwise communicate with Centiment. They are used to provide and improve the features, products and services you request; to provide you with personalized content, information, and to send you information (such as billing information) and when we perform our obligations under a contract with you.
- (c) Internet Activity:
Internet or other similar network activity is sourced indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on this Site) or from third party service providers, such as a data analytics provider. They are used to provide you with personalized content, information and other information, and/or to deliver relevant advertising.
- (d) Employment Information:
Professional or employment-related information is sourced directly from you or from third party service providers (i.e., background check provider). They are used to process employment applications and when we perform our obligations under a contract with you.
- (e) Inferences:
Inferences drawn from other Personal Information is sourced indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on this Site) or from third party service providers, such as a data analytics provider. They are used to provide and improve the Site and Services you request.
- (f) Third Party Sources:
We may collect information from other sources, including contact lists, and demographic information from third parties and other sources. This data may be combined with other information that we collect and use for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Likewise, certain third party service providers on this Site may collect Personal Information about you when they are performing services on our behalf and/or when you are using certain functions on this Site that are operated by these third parties. For example, our e-commerce platform provider may collect payment card information when you subscribe to our Services. Any information, including Personal Information, collected by such third-party service providers will be subject to those third parties’ privacy notices or privacy policies, rather than this Privacy Statement.
3. WHAT SPECIFIC PIECES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ARE COLLECTED?
- (a) Personal contact details including information such as names, shipping addresses, date of birth, telephone numbers, or e-mail addresses such as when you provide them to us during online registration, placing an Order, or when doing business with us. The Site may allow you to establish a username and password to set up an account.
- (b) Information submitted to us to indicate your interest in a position, including your indicated job preferences, work history and information provided on job applications.
- (c) Information collected from this Site and social media pages. This includes information collected when you interact with us, such as comments, photos, or other information that you post, through blogs, message boards, or social networking opportunities or other interactive forums.
- (d) Your Internet Protocol (IP) address or device identifier, your device’s operating system, browser type, websites visited before or after you visit our website, pages viewed and activities at our website, as well as your interaction with advertisements.
- (e) Third-party service and advertising partners may also collect information automatically.
- (f) Other information we have collected from you with your consent.
- (g) Information collected from you in order to improve your user experience or to register you for an account or other benefits.
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your Personal Information for a variety of legitimate purposes including:
- (a) Providing the features and services you request:
We may use the Personal Information we collect about you to fulfill your requests for, and enable your use of, our features, products and services.
- (b) Registration, contests and promotions:
We may use your Personal Information to enter you in contests, promotions, or sweepstakes if you so choose to enter, to notify you of results and to register you for certain features, products and services in line with your chosen marketing preferences.
- (c) To communicate with you and provide you with information:
We may use your Personal Information to communicate with you, to respond to your questions or comments, to provide you with updates and news and, if you have indicated your interest in positions at Centiment, to alert you when job vacancies that fit your profile arise.
- (d) To provide you with personalized content, offers, and other information :
We may use your Personal Information to provide you personalized offers and content. Where required by law, we ask visitors providing e-mail addresses to indicate if they would like further information or updates from us, such as information about the products and services available from our family of companies. We also offer visitors an “opt-out” option if they wish to cease receiving e-mails or other information from us. In some circumstances you may be asked to “opt-in” before we contact you in certain ways or before certain services may become available.
- (e) When we perform our obligations under a contract with you:
We may use your Personal Information when you work as a service provider or apply for a job with us as necessary in connection with your contract or services agreement. If you are a consumer or a user of our Site or Services we will use your Personal Information to carry out our obligations under the agreement that we have with you.
- (f) To deliver relevant advertising:
We may purchase and use opt-in e-mail lists to contact potential customers who we believe may be interested in products or services from the Centiment family of companies. We will honor opt-out requests and ask those providing lists to give us assurances that e-mail contact information is provided only for those consumers who have expressed a desire to receive offers and information by e-mail. We also may use demographic and preference information to allow advertising related to Centiment products and services to be targeted to the users for whom they are most pertinent. This is designed so that users will see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and advertisers can display their ads to people who are most likely to be receptive.
- (g) To improve the features, products and services that we offer through this Site:
We may use the Personal Information that we collect to improve the Centiment family of product offerings, services, as well as this Site and Services
- (h) For certain automated decision-making activities:
We may use the Personal Information we collect for serving online advertising, and/or generating a personality profile for you. Details of the Personal Information we collect, how it is used, and how you may opt out of any automated decision-making is explained below.
- At your direction and with your consent.
- For research purposes.
- For other legitimate business purposes, including but not limited to legal compliance.
- (i) When you engage with Centiment content through third-party social networking sites:
Centiment may offer social networking opportunities where Personal Information may be posted and collected by Centiment. Be sure to check posted rules before entering the particular site. Anything you post online is public information, and we are not responsible for anything you voluntarily post online.
- (j) Contact a Centiment customer service or sales representative:
When you contact a Centiment customer service or sales representative, Personal Information necessary to fulfill your particular inquiry may be requested. Such Personal Information may also be used to track a claim, open a problem report, or other administrative process that requires personally identifying you.
5. HOW DO WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may share or disclose your Personal Information:
- (a) With Centiment and the Centiment family of companies.
- (b) With Centiment’s licensees or other Centiment business partners.
- (c) With vendors or agents. For example, we may share your Personal Information with companies we have hired to provide services on our behalf. When we share Personal Information with these other companies to provide services for us, they are not allowed to use it for any other purpose and must keep it confidential unless you otherwise consent.
- (d) Where your Personal Information may be transferred along with other business assets.
- (e) Where we have received your direction or consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information.
- (f) To comply with the law or respond to legal process or lawful requests, including from law enforcement and government agencies.
- (g) To conduct investigations of consumer complaints or possible breaches of law, to protect the integrity of the website, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any legal investigation.
- (h) To protect the rights or property of Centiment or our customers, including enforcing the terms governing your use of the services.
- (i) To act on a good faith belief that access or disclosure is necessary to protect the safety of our associates, customers or the public.
- (j) To support other legitimate business purposes including but not limited to legal compliance.
We may share anonymized or de-identified information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on this Site, and on websites of third parties. We may combine anonymized or de-identified information we collect with additional anonymized or de-identified information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated and anonymized information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed.
6. WHAT ABOUT CHILDREN’S PRIVACY?
The Site is intended for adults over the age of 13. The Site does not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. We may ask visitors to enter a birth date to restrict those who are underage from accessing certain services, websites, areas or features. If you become aware that a child under 13 has registered for our email newsletters, or otherwise provided us with their Personal Information, please report the use to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware of a user under the age of 13 providing information on this Site, we will terminate that account and purge our databases of all Personal Information provided by that user to the extent feasible.
7. WHAT ARE OUR POLICIES REGARDING ONLINE INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING?
- (a) How do we serve advertisements through online interest-based advertising?
At times we display ads both on our network of owned and operated websites and on the websites of third parties. When you visit one of our websites or view ads that we serve elsewhere online, you may see different kinds of ads, such as text ads next to search results or video ads on web pages. Sometimes, these ads are based on the content of the pages on which they appear. Other times, these ads are generated by matching the particular ad to your interests as inferred from your online activities that have been collected over time. With interest-based advertising, the goal is to show you ads that are most relevant to you.
To do this, we and some of our third-party advertising companies use technologies such as cookies and web beacons to collect information about your interaction with our websites and other third-party websites (“Online Data”). This Online Data generally does not identify you to us personally and, typically, it is aggregated with other data to create segments – groups of users and certain general interest categories that we have inferred based on a variety of factors. The Online Data can include:
- The webpages, products and services you view and links you click when using our websites and services as well as third-party websites;
- Our e-mails that you view and links you click on within that e-mail;
- Whether you view or click on ads that are shown to you;
- Demographic or interest data, including general geographic location derived from IP address;
- The search terms you enter when using certain search services.
We and our third-party advertising partners use this Online Data to paint a more accurate picture of the interests of the audiences with which we interact – including you – so that we can serve ads that are more relevant to those interests.
In addition, our third-party advertising partners use this Online Data for a variety of other purposes, including (a) in conjunction with advertising that appears on our website or other websites, (b) for reporting website traffic, statistics, advertisement data and other interaction with ads and the websites on which they are served, and (c) to measure the effectiveness of web-based and e-mail advertisements.
- (b) Why would you want to receive interest-based ads?
Consumers like to receive interest-based ads for many different reasons. Interest-based ads are helpful because they are more tailored to your particular interests. For example, one person may see more ads for puzzles and fewer ads for building blocks. Interest-based ads also are more likely to help you discover new products and services that are actually relevant to you and your interests. For example, individuals interested in puzzles may see an ad about the latest puzzle products, whereas general retail customers might be more likely to see an ad for special discounted building blocks. In short, receiving interest-based ads can help to improve your access to new products, services and features that are most relevant to you, which in turn could help to improve your life and social experiences. You also will not see the same ads over and over from us because the number of times you see a particular interest-based ad is limited. By opting-out of interest-based ads, you lose all of these benefits.
A Note on Google Analytics — To help facilitate the delivery of relevant content, we use Google Analytics Advertising Features, which you can learn more about and opt-out from here.
- (c) How can you opt-out of receiving interest-based ads from us?
If you are no longer interested in receiving interest-based ads from this Site, you can opt-out by using the instructions below. Please note, however, that opting-out does not mean you will no longer see ads from us online. It simply means that the online ads from us you do see will not be based on your particular interests.
Depending on where you live, you may be able to access one convenient place to indicate your preferences, including the option to make one “universal” opt-out of interest-based advertising with participating entities:
In the United States, visit this site: Ad Choices.
You can also generally opt-out of receiving interest-based ads from third party advertisers who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or who follow the DAA Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website.
When you opt-out using these methods, a cookie will be placed on your device indicating that you have opted-out of interest-based advertising. If you delete your cookies, you will need to opt-out again. These websites also provide detailed information about interest-based advertising and tips for managing your online privacy.
8. COOKIES NOTICE
- (a) What are cookies and how do we use them?
Visitors to this Site use different web browsers and different computers. To make your visits as easy as possible with the technology you use, we automatically keep track of the type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer) and operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac) used by a visitor, and the domain name of the visitor's Internet service provider. We also track the total number of visitors to this Site in an aggregate form to allow us to update and improve this Site. This data tells us if more visitors prefer certain features or areas to others, which helps us keep this Site fresh and interesting to the majority of our visitors.
- (d) Different types of cookies used by us
- Strictly Necessary cookies let you move around the website and use essential features. These cookies don't gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the Internet.
- Performance cookies collect information about how you use our website, e.g., which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users, and measure how effective our advertising is.
- Functionality cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
- Targeting cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as 'Like' buttons and 'Share' buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognizing that you have visited our website.
- (e) What are web beacons and how do we use them?
Some of our Web pages and e-mail updates may contain electronic images called Web beacons, sometimes known as one pixel GIFs, clear GIFs or pixel tags. On sites, these allow us to count visitors who have viewed our pages. In promotional e-mail messages/newsletters, they allow us to count how many subscribers have read them. Web beacons allow us to develop statistical information about the activities and features that most interest our consumers for the purpose of providing more personalized content. They are not used to access your Personal Information without your consent.
- (f) How can you opt-out of cookies?
If you don't want cookies, you can set your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent or turn off all cookies through your browser (e.g., Internet Explorer or Firefox). Check your browser HELP menu to learn the correct way to change or update your cookies. Alternatively, you may wish to visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/ which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual. Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact the functionality of Centiment websites.
- (g) How We Respond to Do-Not-Track Disclosures
We do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings and do not currently participate in any Do Not Track frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your Personal Information.
9. INDIVIDUALS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION AND THE UNITED KINGDOM
In this Section, we provide additional information relating to how we process Personal Information of individuals in the European Union (“EU”) and the United Kingdom (“UK”), in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation and the UK GDPR (collectively, “GDPR”).
If you need more information or would like to exercise your rights under the GDPR, you may contact us at email@example.com.
- (a) Basis for Processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the context in which we collect it. Please see Section 4 above (Why do we collect and how do we use your Personal Information?) for our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information.
- (b) Your Privacy Rights
Depending on applicable law, you may be entitled to the following rights:
Right of Information and Access. You have the right to access the Personal Information we collect about you, and request us to disclose the types of Personal Information we collected from you, our purposes for collecting the Personal Information, and the categories of third parties we may disclose Personal Information to.
Right to Rectification. You have the right to request us to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we collected from you.
Right to Erasure. You have the right to request us to delete Personal Information that we collected from you. However, we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which we will provide notice of, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Right to Data Portability. You have the right to request that we send you the Personal Information we collected from you in a readable format.
Right to Object. You have the right to object, at any time, to our processing of Personal Information we collected from you.
Right to Restriction of Processing. You have the right to restrict our processing of Personal Information we collected from you when: a) you contest the accuracy of the Personal Information; b) the proposed processing is unlawful; c) we no longer need the Personal Information for the purpose of the initial collection; and d) you object to our processing of the Personal Information.
If you wish to exercise any of these applicable rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on where you live, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning Personal Information. However, we encourage you to first reach out to us at email@example.com, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
10. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact information provided below and put “California Consumer Data Request” in the subject line of your request.
California law affords residents of California certain additional rights:
- (b) The right to “opt out” of processing or allowing a business to sell their Personal Information to third parties (or, for consumers who are under 16 years old, the right not to have their Personal Information sold absent their, or their parent’s, opt-in);
- (c) The right to have a business delete their Personal Information, with certain exceptions as provided by law; and
- (d) The right to non-discrimination to receive equal service and pricing from a business, even after exercising your rights.
California consumers can make a request related to the above noted rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that there are restrictions regarding the number of times you can exercise these rights. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Such authorized agent must be registered with the California Secretary of State. We may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
11. WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
- (a) Where is your information stored and processed?
Personal Information collected on our websites and services, or received by Centiment from you or third parties, may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where we or our service providers maintain facilities.
The servers and databases in which Personal Information may be stored may be located outside the country from which you accessed this website and in a country that does not have the same privacy laws as your country of residence. The Personal Information you provide us may be transmitted abroad in accordance with legal requirements, but we will collect, process and use personal information only in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Employment opportunity related queries may also be transferred to any member of the Centiment family of companies. By visiting this website and submitting information, you consent to such collection, processing, transfer and/or storage of any Personal Information that you submit.
- (b) How long do we store your Personal Information?
We retain and store your Personal Information only for as long as we have a legitimate business purpose to do so and in accordance with our data retention policies.
- (c) Assignment
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the Personal Information we have collected from you.
- (d) How do we safeguard your Personal Information?
We have implemented administrative, physical and technical safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information. No security measures can be 100% secure, however, and so we recommend that you take additional measures to protect yourself and your Personal Information, including by installing up to date anti-virus software, closing browsers after use, keeping confidential your log-in credentials and passwords, and making sure that you regularly update software and apps you have downloaded to ensure you have enabled the latest security features on your devices.
12. WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
We are intent on resolving any issues relating to our handling of your Personal Information, and you may contact us at any time regarding any questions or concerns. We are committed to working with you to resolve any complaints you may have regarding this Privacy Statement or the treatment of your Personal Information. If you have a concern, please contact us and your communication will be promptly addressed. You may contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Personal Information is typically not required from our respondents when using our Services. However, some surveys allow for the submission of Personal Information. This Attachment provides more information regarding the processing of Personal Information within the Research Data collected (as defined in Section 4.2 of our Agreement) through our various Services. If you have any questions our Services’ capabilities, please don’t hesitate to contact us for clarification.
- (a) Centiment Audience Panel:
Our customers (each a “Researcher”) are controllers of any Personal Information contained within the Research Data collected through our Service designated as “Centiment Audience Panel”. While Personal Information may be volunteered by a respondent on a per-survey basis, Centiment does not solicit Personal Information from respondents through this Service. Instead, we use a unique tagging system that assigns a custom variable to each respondent entering a survey instead of a name or any other piece of identifying information. Researchers manage all Research Data, as well as the users who create, manage, distribute, or report the Researcher Data. To the extent that Centiment does process Personal Information within Research Data, Centiment does so as a processor on behalf of the Researchers consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- (b) Survey Tool
Researchers continue to be controllers of the Research Data they collect. However, if Research Data is collected using our Service designated as “Survey Tool”, Centiment preserves the right to analyze anonymized Research Data for the purposes of improving our Services, creating marking content, or to assess the functionality and reliability of our systems. If you wish for your Research Data to be excluded from periodic analysis by Centiment, select under account settings “Deny” under Anonymous data analysis.
We will retain your Research Data indefinitely so long as you have an active, paid subscription to our Survey Tool. However, if you are utilizing a free version of our Survey Tool, all account data (including Research Data) may be deleted if you have not logged into your account and interacted with us within 60 days. You may export your Research Data at any time within this time frame. Empty survey builds may also be deleted in any account if they have remained empty for 60 days irrespective of your interaction with our Services. We define a survey as being empty if it has no build questions constructed or responses collected.
If you’re using a third-party survey tool such as Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, Alchemer, etc., then such tool may store your data and is subject to each individual companies’ encryption/security set-up. If you (as a respondent) wish for your Personal Information or other Research Data to be removed, subject to applicable law, it is the responsibility of the Researcher to remove such Personal Information or other Research Data from their data set.
- (c) Information Security
All Research Data is encrypted at rest with AES-256 bit LUKS encryption. Centiment only uses data centers present in the United States. All of our servers are secured by firewalls and have DDoS preventive measures enabled. Centiment uses TLS (transport layer security) for the security/encryption of all transmitted data. It may sometimes be referred to as SSL or HTTPS. As such, respondents do not encounter the less-secure HTTP links anywhere in our data collection process with properly configured surveys.