Thank you for visiting centiment.co!
Your continued use of this Site following the posting of updated Terms will mean that you accept and agree to the changes therein. Provided that you comply with these Terms, Centiment grants you personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide rights to conduct market research surveys within our proprietary survey tool or through qualified third-party survey tools.
If you will be using Centiment on behalf of an organization, you agree to these Terms on behalf of that organization and you represent that you have the authority to do so. In such case, “you” and “your” will refer to that organization.
If you choose a username, password, or are provided with any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Site or portions of it using your username, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username, password, or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. When accessing your account from a public or shared computer, use additional caution so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
This Website is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, please kindly do not access or use the Website.
Accessing the Website
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
- You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
Services and Right to Use Services
Centiment can be hired to assist with any and all of the following services: questionnaire development, survey programming, data collection, and data analysis/interpretation (“The Services” or singularly, “the Service”). The Company also provides a project manager to assist with questions regarding the Service. Your dedicated project manager will test through all survey builds, whether programmed by the Researcher or Centiment. Unless Centiment is hired to program a survey project, you agree that Centiment is not responsible for any build or setup errors.
The Services are designed to provide clients with access to an online platform permitting a client to create surveys or request that the Company create surveys on the client’s behalf and to request that the Company create certain survey questions, solicit certain survey responses, and deliver a target number of such Survey responses and related data from a targeted audience. In short, Centiment introduces targeted respondents to a third-party survey tool as dictated by the Researcher via that tool’s survey URL. Centiment passes variables through the Survey to identify respondents that have entered and redirect them back to our platform with those same variables to account for who has completed the Survey in its entirety. All collected data is housed within the survey tool itself.
Payment for Services
You agree to pay to Centiment any fees for each Service you purchase or use, in accordance with the pricing and payment terms presented to you for that Service. Centiment will provide an invoice post-data collection, but may request an initial deposit at our sole discretion. Existing clients are required to pay any outstanding invoices within net 30 days from the date their invoice was delivered. New clients may be required to prepay ahead of services being rendered.
Proprietary Information from Researchers
We will keep confidential the subject and research goals of all Survey projects in addition to keeping confidential any and all proprietary information contained within the Survey, or as outlined in communications with the project manager.
You, as the Researcher, retain ownership of all of your intellectual property rights in your content. Centiment does not claim ownership over your content, the data we collect for you, or any data analysis/interpretation work. The Terms do not grant Centiment any rights or licenses to your content except for the limited rights needed for us to provide the Services, and as otherwise described in these Terms.
Centiment connects Researchers and their third-party survey tools to anonymous survey panelists who have signed up for the panel to provide their feedback against closed-ended survey questions for quantitative studies. Because feedback and opinions can change, you agree to hold harmless Centiment for any decisions made based on the results of using our Services.
When respondents are onboarded, Centiment profiles them with the sole intention of connecting qualified respondents with the correct surveys. Centiment does not retain any data related to your survey; the data collected is retained by the third-party tool used to conduct the Survey and is subject to that tool’s security measures.
Researchers using Centiment’s Services may not collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) from our respondents. Your project manager will ask you to remove any questions requesting PII from your survey prior to collecting any data from paid respondents.
All data collected will be the sole property of the Researcher and will be delivered, at minimum, via an Excel output. These Terms do not grant Centiment any rights or licenses to your data or proprietary intellectual content, except for the limited rights needed for us to provide our Services and as otherwise described in these Terms.
Centiment uses a technology called fingerprinting that combines IP address, device type, screen size, and cookies to ensure only unique panelists enter your Survey. Centiment maintains a fraud score on each respondent based on historical completions (completion time as a percentage of stated LOI + any flagged poor completes) and consistency in responding to demographic questions, then ban those that breach a certain level. Centiment also use invisible ReCaptcha to defend against bots.
Centiment does not store any project data once results have been delivered. Please note that, if the Researcher is using a third-party survey tool such as Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, Survey Gizmo, etc., then the third-party tool may store your data and is subject to each individual companies’ encryption/security set-up.
Centiment uses TLS (transport layer security) for the security/encryption of all transmitted data. It may sometimes be referred to as SSL or HTTPS. As such, respondents do not encounter the less-secure HTTP links anywhere in Centiment’s data collection process with properly configured surveys.
Centiment only uses data centers present in the United States. All of Centiment’s servers are secured by firewalls and have DDoS preventive measures enabled.
Centiment is GDPR and CCPA-compliant. Any respondent or researcher can request to have their account closed and have all associated profile information deleted.
The Company name, the Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Centiment may identify you (by name and logo) as a Centiment customer on our website and on other promotional materials. Any goodwill arising from the use of your name and logo will inure to your benefit.
- To directly or indirectly: (a) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, object code or underlying structure, ideas or algorithms of the services or any software, documentation or data related to or provided with the services (“Software”); (b) modify, translate, or create derivative works based on the services or Software, or copy (except for archival purposes), rent, lease, distribute, pledge, assign, or otherwise transfer or encumber rights to the services or Software; (c) use or access the services to build or support, and/or assist a third party in building or supporting, products or services competitive to Company; or (d) remove any proprietary notices or labels from the services or Software. Client shall use the services and Software only for its own internal business operations, and not for the operation of a service bureau or timesharing service or otherwise outside of the scope of the express rights granted herein.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of- service attack or a distributed denial-of- service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to- date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
Linking to the Website and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part.
This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Website.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Website.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other site.
- Link to any part of the Website other than the homepage.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice at our discretion.
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
The owner of the Website is based in the state of Colorado in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of- service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the website or any services or items obtained through the website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Your use of the website, its content and any services or items obtained through the website is at your own risk. The website, its content and any services or items obtained through the website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Neither the company nor any person associated with the company makes any warranty or representation with respect to the completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy or availability of the website. Without limiting the foregoing, neither the company nor anyone associated with the company represents or warrants that the website, its content or any services or items obtained through the website will be accurate, reliable, error-free or uninterrupted, that defects will be corrected, that our site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components or that the website or any services or items obtained through the website will otherwise meet your needs or expectations.
The company hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement and fitness for particular purpose. The foregoing does not affect any warranties which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Limitation on Liability
In no event will the company, its affiliates or their licensors, service providers, employees, agents, officers or managers be liable for damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, the website, any websites linked to it, any content on the website or such other websites or any services or items obtained through the website or such other websites, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including but not limited to, personal injury, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
The foregoing does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by Centiment LLC located at 1644 Platte Street, 4th floor, Denver, CO 80202.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com.